Updates on AroniSoft Products and the Financial Markets
AroniSmartInvest in Action 2014: Recap of of the stocks picked in 2014
Over 2014, the US stock market has experienced a period of high market uncertainty and volatility, with the major stock indices experiencing abrupt declines, followed by rallies. The uncertainty that started in the first quarter 2014, has continued all the way to December 2014, mostly fueled by major events around the World, positive economic news in the US, and the positive outlook from the US Federal Reserve. Some of the major events that created uncertainty include the Middle East wars, the unresolved Ukraine crisis, the dramatic and never ending decline oil prices, the slowing Chinese economy, the sluggish European economies, and the Ebola epidemic. By mid October, the stock market had recorded an unprecedented decline in major indices and had erased almost all the gains accumulated since the beginning of the year. By End of December 2014, stock had rallied, ofter jumping in a single day, to levels never seen since 2014. Over the year, AroniSmartInvest™ In Action has been picking a few more promising stocks. Let us recap what stocks had been picked i the second half of 2014 and the rationale for picking the stocks at the time.
Stocks picked by AroniSmartInvest™ in Action in the second half of 2014 and the rationale behind why they were picked at the time:
November 2014: CALD, CEA, DUK, ETH, FFG, SONIC, TEG
- Callidus Software Inc. (YAHOO: CALD).Callidus Software Inc. provides companies with marketing effectiveness and management softwares. Collidus focuses on telecommunications, insurance, banking, and technology markets. It supplies customers worldwide. It has been able to leverage the cloud technology. Cloud technologies have been taking off and Collidus is expected to benefit from them.
- China Eastern Airlines Corp. Ltd. (YAHOO: CEA). China Eastern Airlines Corporation Limited operates in the civil aviation industry, offering passenger, cargo, mail delivery, flight training, and other transportation services, such as travel training, travel agency services.
- Duke Energy Corporation. (YAHOO: DUK). Duke Energy Corporation operates in the energy sector in the United States and Latin America. Duke Energy Corporation business covers three sectors: Regulated Utilities, International Energy, and Commercial Power.
- Ethan Allen Interiors Inc. (YAHOO: ETH). Ethan Allen Interiors Inc. is an interior design company. It manufactures and retails home furnishings in North America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.
- FBL Financial Group, Inc. (YAHOO: FFG). FBL Financial Group, Inc. through its subsidiary, Farm Bureau Life Insurance Company, sells individual life insurance and annuity products.
- Sonic Corp. (YAHOO: SONC). Sonic Corp. operates and franchises a chain of quick-service drive-in restaurants in the United States.
- Integrys Energy Group, Inc. (YAHOO: TEG). Integrys Energy Group, Inc. conducts regulated natural gas and electric utility operations in Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, and Wisconsin.
October 2014: CNSL, MSF, RCI, TEVA:
- Consolidated Communications Holdings Inc. (CNSL): (YAHOO: CNSL) Consolidated Communications Holdings Inc is a rural local exchange carrier (RLEC) operating in Illinois, Texan and Pennsylvania. It offers a range of telecommunications services to residential and business customers.
- Mutualfirst Financial Inc.(MFSF): (YAHOO: MFSF) Mutualfirst Financial Inc., owned by Mutual Bank, is a retail bank operating in Delaware, Maryland and Pennsylvania.
- Rent-A-Center Inc : (YAHOO: RCII) Rent-A-Center Inc lend, under rental purchase agreements with no long-term obligation, durable products, such as consumer electronics, appliances, computers, furniture and accessories to customers in North-America.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (TEVA) : (YAHOO: TEVA) Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited (TEVA) is an Israeli consumer care and pharmaceutical company.
September 2014: BTI, ETR, HUM, INTU, SHW, TTDKY, WGL
- British American Tobacco plc: (YAHOO: BTI) British American Tobacco plc manufactures tobacco and nicotine products. It provides cigarettes, roll-your-own and make-your-own tobacco, cigars, cigarillos, pipe tobacco, and snus, as well as nicotine inhalation, heat-not-burn devices, and electronic cigarettes. The stock momentum may be coming from the latest hype in electronic cigarettes. After a hit, the stock price has been growing steadily since February 2014.
- Entergy Corporation: (YAHOO: ETR) Entergy Corporation produces electric power and engages in retail electric distribution operations in the United States. The stock price has been increasing since August 2014, mostly fueled by the uncertainty in oil markets and the focus on domestic production, including nuclear energy.
- Humana Inc : (YAHOO: HUM) Humana Inc. is a health care company that offers a range of health insurance and the healthcare products. The company operates in Retail, Employer Group, Healthcare Services, and Other Businesses segments. Humana has started to offer new wellness and personal health products, including an new wellness app.
- Intuit, Inc : (YAHOO: INTU) Intuit Inc has been on AroniSmartInvest in Action radio for some time.
- The Sherwin-Williams Company: (YAHOO: SHW). Sherwin-Williams Company is engaged in the development, manufacture, distribution, and sale of paints, coatings, and related products to professional, industrial, commercial, and retail customers worldwide. As the housing market is picking up, SHW is expected to continue to grow. It has steadily grown since 2013.
- TDK Corp : (YAHOO: TTDKY). TDK Corp manufactures and sells electronic components worldwide TDK stock price has been growing steadily since April 2014 and follows the general growth in tech stocks and NASDAQ index.
- WGL Holdings Inc: (YAHOO: WGL). WGL Holdings Inc sells and delivers natural gas, and provides energy-related products and services. After a sudden decline in August 2014, the stock price has been increasing since, mostly fueled by the uncertainty in oil markets.
September 2014: AAPL, BBY, CAM, ULTA, XRX.
- Best Buy Co: (YAHOO: BBY) Best Buy, the multi-national, multi-channel retailer of technology products in the United States, Canada, China, and Mexico is shown strong momentum. This appears consistent with the strengthening of technology and electronics sectors.
- Apple, Inc: (YAHOO: AAPL) Apple stock may be fueled by the anticipation regarding iWatch and iPhone 6. iPhone 6 is expected to be unveiled on Sep 9, 2014.
- Ulta Salon Cosmetics & Fragrance Inc: (YAHOO: ULTA) Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance, Inc., based in Illinois, USA, has been grown fast, since its creation in 1990. It operates, through approximately 675 retail stores in 43 US states, specialty retail stores and offers an assortment of branded and private label beauty products in consumer care, including cosmetics, fragrance, skin and hair care, bath and body products, and salon styling tools. The strengthening of the health of the US economy naturally benefits Ulta Salon.
- Cameron Intl: (YAHOO: CAM) Cameron International Corporation is active in oil drilling. Oil , with the conflict in Meddle East and Ukraine remains a hot commodity and will remain so for the foreseeable future. The advantage of Cameron Intl resides in its offshore drilling equipments as the World is looking for other sources of oil, outside the Middle East.
- Xerox (YAHOO: XRX). Xerox, like Best Buy appears to follow the trend in the US economy.
August 2014: AKS,TSO, CHA, KB, KEP, M, SVU.
- AK Steel Holding Corporation: (YAHOO: AKS) AK Steel Holding Corporation's stock is trending towards the 52 weeks high. The stocks appears propelled by the pas the enactment of the Highway and Transportation Funding Act by the US President Obama and US Congress. The act is aimed at maintaining, improving and modernizing the America's infrastructure, mostly made with steel. Hence, AK Steel benefiting.
- Tesoro Corporation: (YAHOO: TSO ) Tesoro Corporation (Tesoro), an independent petroleum refiners and marketers in the United States, operates, through its subsidiaries, in manufacturing and selling of transportation fuels. The financial results announced on July 30, 2014 appeared to have fueled the stock price momentum. Also, the expansion strategy appear to have been successful.
- China Telecom Corporation Limited (China Telecom): (YAHOO: CHA) China Telecom is an integrated information service company based in the People’s Republic of China. It has been experiencing an unstable trend, since March 2014. By May 2014, some analysts appeared to downgrade the stock. However, it has continued to grow. In the fist week of August, it suffered a decline but the stock remains above the long term moving averages.
- KB Financial Group: (YAHOO: KB) KB Financial Group has grown since early July 2014, going from 34.76 to 39.67 on August 8, 2014. The Korea-based holding company manages its subsidiaries, operating almost all the financial services areas, including commercial and retail banking, investment and securities, real estate, etc.. The group has benefited from the improvement of the financial sector and has been on acquisition spree.
- Korea Electric Power Corporation(ADR) (YAHOO: KEP). This is another Korean company
- Retail and food companies including: Maycs's Company (M), SuperValu Inc (SVU), and Fresh Del Monte Produce (FDP): the improvement in consumer confidence may be fueling the growth.
July - August 2014: CMG, DNB, JCP, Q
- Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc: (YAHOO: CMG) Chipotle Mexican was hammered in late Q1 and early Q2 2014. By mid July the stock price was oscillating at around US$ 590. Then something happened. The stock price is now at around $671.00 a share, or an increase of 14% in less than 15 days. This has prompted Motley's Fool to ask whether Chipotle is the next MacDonnald's and other financial media and analytics to praise Chipotle for its dynamic and visionary CEO and its innovative distribution channel. AroniSmartInvest in Action appears to have confirmed the momentum by picking the stock.
- Dun & Bradstreet: (YAHOO: DNB) Don & Bradstreet faced strong challenge following a one day steep decline on February 24, 2014. Since then the stock price has rebounded from $94.87 to $110 a share, or 16% and has recovered al the loss from February 2014.
- JC Penney Company Inc: (YAHOO: JCP) Over the last years JC Penney has been challenged, going from CEO to CEO. The financial markets have questions its focus, strategy and vision. Its stock price has been hammered and dropped below $10 a share where is has stayed. By the end of February 2014, the stock price was at $5.23. Since then, the stock has increased and has reached $9.19. Despite its challenges, the stock's operational fundamentals appear viable and the stock price is small. Hence, the pick by AroniSmartInvest In Action™.
- Quintiles Transnational Holdings: (YAHOO: Q) Quintiles Transnational Holdings had a rally in February and early March 2014. Then then stock price started declining, prompting some worries in some investors. These worries appear unfounded. Since May 2014, the stock price has rebounded and kept momentum. The price is now at $54.99 or a 16% increase since May 7 2014. AroniSmartInvest in Action has picked Quintiles as this provider of biopharmaceutical development services will certainly continue to benefit for the active and dynamic healthcare care industry.
©2014 AroniSoft, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Please login first in order for you to submit comments